If you are using windows 10 in a VM or you are still trying the windows10 before buying the key. You will be stuck with the default windows theme & will not be able to change from light to Dark theme for apps & system.
With the below simple registry Hack you can change the same within 2 minutes.
- Open the registry Editor in Run window
- One Registry Editor is open, Go to below Key & change the value of AppauselightTheme to 0 to get the dark theme.
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize AppsuselightTheme - 0 for dark, 1 for light theme
- If you don’t see the key AppsUseLightTheme – Then right click in the empty area & create a new DWORD 32 value with Name: AppsuselightTheme & value as 0
- No restart is necessary, Apps & all System apps will turn to dark theme.
- In case you need to revert back to light theme again, Follow same steps, but change value of AppsuselightTheme == 1
PS: Tested in Windows 10 since 1909